September 2, 2014

Elyria
Cloudy
79°F
test

Fire contained at Choo Choo`s in LaGrange

LAGRANGE – A small-town coffee shop caught fire Monday night.

Firefighters from LaGrange and Wellington responded to Choo Choo`s shortly after 9 p.m. after receiving reports that the eatery in the 100 block of Railroad Street was on fire.

Residents standing nearby said flames were shooting outside the top and front of the building when crews arrived, but firefighters got it under control quickly after they arrived.

“I just thought that the bush near the gas meter was on fire,” said Brittany Brostek, who lives across the street from Choo Choo`s. “But then you could see flames shooting out the top of the roof from the inside. It`s a shame. They`ve got some pretty good food.”

No one was injured in the blaze, and LaGrange fire officials were not available to detail the ex