November 28, 2014

Elyria
Cloudy
26°F
test

Fire displaces LaGrange family this morning

GRAFTON – A family of five was displaced Friday morning after a fire tore through their two story home.

Firefighters battled smoke and flames as they poured out of the upper story of the Chamberlain Road home shortly after 10 a.m. firefighters from Grafton, Litchfield, Eaton and LaGrange all responded to the blaze.

No one was home at the time of the fire, and no one was injured.

Fire crews are still investigating what sparked the fire, which they believe started in a wood pile directly behind the house.

Officials don`t suspect arson as a cause.