According to Capt. Jeff Fenn, firefighters were called to 2104 Tower Blvd. about 8:15 last night on a report of a smell of smoke in the building.
They found the occupant of Apartment 103 had burned some food. No ventilation was needed, according to Fenn.
On Wednesday, firefighters were called to the same apartment after the occupant put a frozen pizza in the oven and fell asleep, according to Fenn.
Fenn said firefighters removed the pizza and the tray it was on and placed it outside and ventilated the building.
Fenn said firefighters advised the occupant, but added “there’s only so much we can say or do.”