Before you sit down to eat, do you think about what goes on your plate or in your bowl? Not all foods are created equal. Foods like vegetables, fruits, whole grains, low-fat dairy products, beans, and lean meats are important to help you feel great and live healthy.
Here are some easy ways to get your plate in shape and create a healthier you:
- Color your plate with fruits and vegetables
- Size matters. Use smaller plates and bowls to avoid over eating
- Eat lean protein for a stronger, leaner you. Seafood, nuts, beans, lean meat, poultry and eggs
- Choose 100% whole-grain breads, cereals, crackers, pasta and brown rice
- Save money and eat healthy: Cook at home
- Drink more water and avoid sugary drinks like sodas
Click here to discover what foods you need need to stay fueled through the day and keep healthy.