Counting calories, rushing to the gym and squeezing in time for an afternoon walk – sometimes just thinking about health can feel complicated. Getting into the habit of drinking water, one of the most basic things we can do for our health is an easy step towards improving every cell, tissue and organ in our bodies.
So, how much water is enough? Most healthy people need to drink six to eight glasses of water every single day. And…it’s good to drink even more in warmer weather or when you’re more physically active.
Water is used in every cell in the human body and is needed to:
- Protect joints and organs,
- Control body temperature and
- Remove toxins
Everyone loses water when they use the bathroom, sweat and even every time they breathe. Since it is easy to become dehydrated, follow these simple tips to stay hydrated:
- Keep a reusable water bottle on-hand throughout your day.
- Swap non-water beverages for water during the day.
- Order only water at restaurants or when eating away from home.
- Be sure to drink more before, during and after physical activity to replace the fluids lost through sweat.
- Spruce-up a simple glass by adding fresh cucumber, lemon, berries or mint.
Treat your body right by drinking plenty of water each day – and be sure to encourage others to drink up too! For more healthy, lifestyle tips visit LiveHealthyLorainCounty.com.