Help us create a world with less cancer and more birthdays. The Lorain County General Health District has been invited to be a local champion for the American Cancer Society's Cancer Prevention Study-3 (CPS-3). The purpose of this nationwide study is to help researchers better understand the causes of cancer due to genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors, and how to prevent disease. Study participants are needed to help achieve this goal.
Can I get involved in the study? Yes, if the following statements are true for you.
- Between the ages of 30 and 65 years old
- Never diagnosed with cancer (not including basal or squamous cell skin cancer)
- Willing to make a long-term commitment to the study, which involves an in-person enrollment session and the completion of follow-up surveys at home
How can I enroll? To schedule an enrollment appointment, click here or visit one of the enrollment sites below to get started.
- Tuesday, August 7 from 7:00am to 12:00pm at Mercy Cancer Center (41201 Schaden Rd., Elyria 44035)
- Wednesday, August 8 from 12:00pm to 5:00pm at Mercy Cancer Center (41201 Schaden Rd., Elyria 44035)
- Thursday, August 9 from 2:00pm to 7:00pm at Mercy Cancer Center (41201 Schaden Rd., Elyria 44035)
- Friday, August 10 from 5:00pm to 9:00pm at the Lake Erie Crushers Stadium (2009 Baseball Blvd., Avon 44011)
Enrollment is easy with 4 steps:
- Read and sign an informed consent form
- Complete a survey packet that asks for information on your lifestyle, behaviors, and other factors related to your health
- Have your waist size measured
- Give a small blood sample, which will be drawn by a trained and certified phlebotomist
Why is this study important?
The more researchers know about the causes of cancer and how to prevent the disease, the more lives will be saved and the more birthdays will be celebrated.
Please consider joining the study. The goal for Lorain County is to have at least 300 participants take part, so share this information with your friends, family, and colleagues.
If you have any questions or would like more information about the study, contact Stephanie Charles at 440-284-3263 or email@example.com. For more information on CPS-3, check out this video that can help explain : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFMar_OwL44&feature=plcp