Are you between the ages of 30 and 65 and never been diagnosed with cancer? You can help fight against cancer by participating in a nationwide study by the American Cancer Society. The Lorain County General Health District (LCGHD) urges residents to help create a cancer-free world! LCGHD Health Commissioner, Kenneth G. Pearce urges residents to participate in this study, “Volunteering will help provide vital information to understand the reasons why we get cancer and how to prevent it. Take the small step and commit to help reach the ultimate goal of preventing this major health problem.”
How can you do your part to end cancer, as we know it?
Anyone between the ages of 30 and 65 years old, never been diagnosed with cancer (not including basal and squamous cell skin cancer), and willing to make a long-term commitment to the study is eligible to volunteer! If you fit into the study’s three basic requirements, then get registered today by enrolling online at www.clevelandcps3.org OR in person at any of Mercy’s enrollment dates:
- Tuesday, August 7: 7:00a – 12:00p at Mercy Cancer Center (41201 Schaden Rd., Elyria 44035)
- Wednesday, August 8: 12:00p – 5:00p at Mercy Cancer Center (41201 Schaden Rd., Elyria 44035)
- Thursday, August 9: 2:00p – 7:00p at Mercy Cancer Center (41201 Schaden Rd., Elyria 44035)
- Friday, August 10: 5:00p – 9:00p at the Lake Erie Crushers Stadium (2009 Baseball Blvd., Avon 44011)
The enrollment process is easy with these four steps:
- Read and sign an informed consent form.
- Complete a survey that asks about lifestyle, behavior and health related information.
- Have your waist size measured.
- Provide a small blood sample taken by trained staff.
Help us create a world with more birthdays and less cancer. Please contact the Lorain County General Health District at 440-322-6367 with any questions regarding the American Cancer Society’s Cancer Prevention Study-3 (CPS-3).