No matter your age, everyone should be immunized. People of all ages need to protect themselves and loved ones from the spread of all types of diseases. Kenneth G. Pearce, MPH, Health Commissioner of the Lorain County General Health District (LCGHD), provides three reasons for getting immunizations:
- Simple shots can be life-savers. Many diseases can become life-threatening, and vaccines are created to prevent disease.
- Vaccines protect from the spread of disease. Disease outbreaks can be prevented.
- Immunizations not only help kids, but also the health of adults as they age. Vaccinate for a lifetime of health!
LCGHD hosts walk-in Adult Immunization Clinics the 4th Tuesday of Every Month at the Lorain County General Health District office, located at 9880 S. Murray Ridge Road, Elyria. To get immunized, visit the next clinic Tuesday, August 28, 2012, from 1:00-6:00 PM.
LCGHD provides the following vaccines:
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap)
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Gardasil (HPV – Human Papillomavirus)
Vaccine fees may vary; however, no one will be denied due to their inability to pay. Please call (440) 322-6367 with any immunization questions or visit www.LorainCountyHealth.com/Immunizations, for more vaccination info.
Immunizations are crucial For the Health of Us All...Visit www.LorainCountyHealth.com, follow us on Twitter @LorainCoHealth and join the Lorain County General Health District on Facebook for more tips to keep safe and healthy all summer long.