As 2012 is coming to a close, many people are thinking about what they would like to change in the new year. Why not make your new year's resolution a lifesaving one? Make the decision to travel the roads safely and help others keep safe also. The Lorain County Safe Community Coalition reminds Lorain County residents of three healthy and safe habits that they can start in 2013.
3... Prepare for wicked winter weather by driving safer
- Ditch the distractions while in your vehicle—Drivers are four times more likely to get into serious crashes while driving distracted
- Buckle up to decrease the risk of being injured or killed in a crash – it's your very best defense against an impaired driver
2... Be a responsible host in 2013
- Be a creative host by revolving the party around an event, outing or game—not alcohol and food
- Offer non-alcoholic drink options- other than just water. For special zero-proof drink recipes visit loraincountysafecommunity.com!
- Arrange sober rides to get your guests home safely
1... If you plan to drink, choose to Drive Sober
- Designate a driver before festivities begin to be sure you get home safely.
- Buzzed driving is drunk driving, so if you think you've had one too many, play it safe and call a cab or phone a friend
Wrap up the Holiday Season with a bang, not a bust by driving safe, sober and buckled up!