According the Ohio Department of Health flu rates are on the rise across Ohio, but the good news is you can protect yourself and your loved ones! Keep healthy and avoid the flu by taking these steps:
1. Get a flu shot. (Nope, it's not too late!)
- CDC recommends the yearly flu vaccine as the first and most important step in protecting against flu viruses.
- Everyone 6 months of age and older should get a flu vaccine.
- Click here to find a flu shot clinic near you.
2. Wash hands often & cover your cough!
- Wash hands often.
- Limit touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover coughs & sneezes – don’t use your hands!
3. Keep sick at home.
- If you're sick, stay at home to help protect others.
The Lorain County General Health District encourages ALL Lorain County residents to do their part to protect against the flu!