If you haven’t caught the flu this year, you’re not in the clear - according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the flu season can extend into May. In Lorain County in 2012, there were 166 flu cases reported, a dramatic increase from the 18 cases seen in 2011. The yearly flu vaccine is the first and most important step in protecting against flu viruses and the good news is you can still get your shot at locations throughout Lorain County.
Visit LorainCountyFlu.com to find a clinic near you at participating local pharmacies and grocery stores. You may also get your flu shot at any Lorain County General Health District (LCGHD) Immunization Clinic in February.
LCGHD February Child Immunization Clinics:
Tuesday, February 5, 4-6:00pm
- Columbia Station United Methodist Church, 25453 Royalton Rd., Columbia Station
Wednesday, February 6, 1-6:00pm
- Lorain County General Health District, 9880 S. Murray Ridge Rd., Elyria
Tuesday, February 12, 4-6:00pm
- Firelands Elementary School, 10779 Vermilion Rd., Henrietta Township
Tuesday, February 19, 4-6:30pm
- St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 512 North Main Street, Wellington
Wednesday, February 20, 4:30-6:30pm
- St. Teresa of Avila Church, 1878 North Abbe Rd., Sheffield Village
Wednesday, February 27, 3:30-6:00pm
- St. Julie Billiart Church, 5500 Lear Nagle Rd., North Ridgeville
LCGHD Adult Health Clinics: (18 years of age and older)
- Walk-in Clinics are held the 4th Tuesday of Every Month at the Lorain County General Health District: 9880 S. Murray Ridge Road, Elyria, 1:00 to 6:00 p.m.
For more info about immunizations go to LorainCountyHealth.com. For more health tips, follow us on Twitter @LorainCoHealth and like the Lorain County General Health District on Facebook, or call us at at (440) 322-6367. Visit CDC.gov/Flu to find the latest trends, resources and information regarding this year's flu season.