Midview cuts effective Feb. 18 if a 9.75-mill levy fails Feb. 5
• All special requests for transportation will be eliminated. Student pick-up and drop-off will be from the student’s home to the school and the school to home
• Transportation will be reduced to a two-mile limit
• Staff reductions include one mechanic and five bus driver positions
• All libraries and computer labs will be closed and available on a limited basis
• Staff reductions include seven library paraprofessional positions.
State minimum school day:
• A five-hour school day will be implemented for kindergarten through fourth grades, beginning at 7:25 a.m. and ending at 12:25 p.m.
• A five-and-a-half hour school day will be implemented for fifth through 12th grades, beginning at 8:25 a.m. and ending at 1:55 p.m.
• Staff reductions include 12 educational monitor positions.
• Buildings will open 40 minutes before school starts and close 40 minutes after school ends.
Reductions in the 2013-2014 school year that will take place regardless of levy passage
The Midview administration building will be moved onto the school campus, saving some $47,000 in rent.
The director of facilities position will not be reinstated.
The North and West Elementary buildings will together be led by one principal and one assistant principal.
The North and West Elementary buildings will become grade level buildings for first through fourth grades, while kindergarten will be organized among the buildings.
The special education supervisor position contract service will be eliminated and a position including those duties and others will be developed at a reduced cost.
Reductions effective in the 2013-2014 School Year if a levy does not pass
Elementary School Reductions:
• Elimination of art, music and physical education for kindergarten through sixth grades
• Staff reductions include three physical education positions, three music positions, two and a half art teacher positions and one kindergarten through sixth grade library media specialist position.
Middle School Reductions:
• Foreign language classes eliminated
• One industrial technology teacher position, one seventh through 12th grade library media specialist position and one and a half art teacher positions eliminated
• Physical education credits will be offered at the middle school for eighth-grade students only as part of a two-year reduction plan to reduce one physical education teacher position by 2015
High School Reductions:
• One French teacher position and one Spanish teacher position
• Two JROTC positions
• One industrial technology teacher position, one family and consumer sciences position and one guidance counselor position
• Custodial service will be reduced to a rotating team schedule
• Staff reductions include five custodial positions
• All extracurricular and co-curricular supplemental contracts, not required to operate the academic component, will be suspended. (Sports, etc.)
• Reduction of one athletic director position
Source: Midview Schools