Mayor Greg Zilka ranked 23rd among city workers for salaries paid in 2012 at $90,100.03.
Avon Lake’s top-paid personnel came from the Fire, Police and Utilities departments.
Topping the list last year was Todd Danielson, Utilities Department chief executive, who earned $141,140.72, according to the city. Danielson ranked second in 2011 behind Richard Kasten, the city’s superintendent of distribution and collection for the Utilities Department.
The city’s top 10 highest-earning employees in 2012 were:
- Todd Danielson, Utilities Department chief executive, $141,140.72
- John C. Nakel, firefighter-paramedic, $107,737.81
- Rick R. Eberle, Utilities Department chief of utility operations, $106,965.32
- Lt. Angelo Tetorakis, firefighter-paramedic, $104,178.37
- Glen R. Eisenhardt, fire chief, $102,014.64
- Laddie Lid, firefighter-paramedic, $100,311.95
- David Owad, police chief, $99,816.61
- Jack Gaydar, Utilities Department engineering services manager, $99,679.89
- William Simon, Utilities Department, $97,487.06
- Sean Bockelman, police lieutenant, $97,443.06