Avon Lake police
Thursday, Aug. 22
- 11:46 a.m. – 600 block Moore Road, theft of tires and oil from storage shed.
Friday, Aug. 23
- 1:13 p.m. – 31900 block Walker Road, report of a woman wearing a hospital gown who walked out of Giant Eagle. Police were unable to locate the woman.
- 6:52 p.m. – 33200 block Redwood Blvd., home egged.
- 7:34 p.m. – 100 block Moore Road, police said a juvenile slapped a woman in the face with a piece of pizza. No charges were filed.
Saturday, Aug. 24
- 4:13 a.m. – Sommerset Moore Road, a driver arrested and charged with DUI for a hit-skip accident in Avon, no name given.
- 6:23 p.m. – 200 block Vineyard Drive, a man told police his son was under the influence of drugs and sold his property at a pawn shop. The son admitted to pawning the property and told police he would get the items back.
Sunday, Aug. 25
- 12:49 p.m. – 32600 block Groveland Drive, a caller reported that a man driving a Jeep was sitting in a chair with a bow and arrow, facing Avon Lake High School. Police went to the scene and said the man had a folding chair, which the caller mistook for a bow and arrow.
Monday, Aug. 26
- 7:41 a.m. – 100 block Parkwood Ave., theft of an iPad, iPhone 4 and speakers.
- 11:55 a.m. – 100 block Gray Gull Drive, reported damage to a door. The resident believed someone attempted to break in the home.
- 4:28 p.m. – 100 block Parkwood Ave., damage to a glass door.
- 4:41 p.m. - 200 block Duff Drive, vandalism to property.
Tuesday, Aug. 27
- 3:45 p.m. – 400 block Bounty Way, a man reported that he believed someone tried to break into his home while he was out of town.
Wednesday, Aug. 28
- 12:18 a.m. – Belmar Boulevard and Lake Road, report of seven or eight shots or fireworks going off in the area. Police were unable to locate any evidence.