Tuesday, Sept. 3
- 8:29 p.m. – West Erie Avenue near Kolbe Road, Amber Schwarz, 25, 3200 Cleveland Blvd., Lorain, arrested and charged with possession of heroin and possession of drug paraphernalia and improper display of license plates. Schwarz was stopped for driving with an invalid temporary license plate, according to police. They said they found drug paraphernalia and heroin residue in her car.
- 11:36 p.m. – 300 block W. 20th St., William Casner, 32, 3800 block Dayton Ave., Lorain, and Michael Patterson, 24, 300 block W. 20th St., Lorain, both arrested and charged with assault. A man, who police said had blood in his mouth and a swollen right cheek, said Casner and Patterson repeatedly kicked and punched him in the face. Police said Patterson admitted to beating the man. Patterson said the man had repeatedly beaten a woman who has a temporary protection order against the man.
Wednesday, Sept. 4
- 1:54 a.m. – 1600 block E. 29th St., Melissa Solis, 37, same address, charged with domestic violence, but not arrested. Solis’ ex-boyfriend, who police said was bleeding from his left eye, said he was hit with a lotion container she threw at him after he told her to turn herself in to police over a probation violation warrant. Solis was gone when officers arrived, police said.
- 3:17 a.m. – 2900 block Pearl Ave., a man said he parked his Ford F-150 outside a store and four men threw rocks at it, causing $600 in damage. The man said he chased the men who ran away.
- 1:58 p.m. – 2600 block Apple Ave., a man said someone used his personal information to open two bank accounts and over draw money.
- 9 p.m. – 200 block W. 13th St., a woman said her lawnmower and grill were stolen from her yard Tuesday. At 4 a.m. Wednesday she saw two people parked in a van across the street from her house. When she called police they left. She thinks the two incidents were connected.
- 11 p.m. – 100 block W. 23rd St., Jerome Wright, 52, was charged with drunken driving after his car was found blocking a driveway. Wright said he wasn’t driving the car but witnesses said he was. Wright failed sobriety tests.
Thursday, Sept. 5
- 5 a.m. – 1900 block Meister Road, a woman said that her boyfriend’s friend came to her house and while they were drinking, he hit her, causing an injury. The friend denied it, saying he pushed her instead.
- 1:23 a.m. – 800 block Oberlin Ave., a woman said that her son and his uncle, Darrell Jackson, 25, got into a fight. She said she tried to break up the fight and Jackson punched her son in the face.
- 2:10 p.m. – 4300 block Leavitt Road, a man was outside of Lighthouse Village asking people for money. He refused to talk to police and was charged with panhandling and obstructing official business.
- 5:05 p.m. – 3810 Broadway, a Dollar General employee said a woman tried to conceal items in her pockets and leave the store without paying.
- 6:39 p.m. – 5300 block Leavitt Road, two people tried to conceal items and leave the store without paying. They were confronted by an employee and admitted to the theft.
- 8:23 p.m. – 3200 block Falbo Ave., a woman said $200 was stolen from her by three people she knew. She said she was supposed to pick up the money from her father but three other people picked it up instead.
Friday, Sept. 6
- 2:16 a.m. – 1500 block Lehigh Ave., police tried to pull over a man for speeding, but he pulled into a driveway on Lehigh Avenue and ran away. When police went to his house, he ignored them.
- 6:27 p.m. – 3000 block Jaeger Road, Kohls, Adreonna Neely, 18, 1000 block W. 22nd St., Lorain, charged with theft after allegedly stealing $211 worth of merchandise from the store. A 17-year-old girl also was charged with theft.
Saturday, Sept. 7
- 2:56 a.m. – 1000 block New Mexico Ave., two men who have lived together for several years got into an argument over their finances. Jack Holsinger, 41, same address, was charged with domestic violence after his partner alleged that he was hit in the head several times. Officers noticed a large bump, broken dentures and several lacerations. The man told officers Holsinger “abuses him often and wears several rings on his fingers” to cause more damage. By the time officers arrived, Holsinger fled the scene.
- 3 a.m. – 2000 block W. 24th St., Daniela Bibler, 26, same address, charged with domestic violence after a fight ensued and she allegedly bit her boyfriend’s arm.