Avon Lake police
10:14 p.m. Sept. 9 — 100 block Hermann Drive, a caller reported an erratic squirrel in the area. Police were unable to locate said squirrel.
Friday, Sept. 6
- 8:09 a.m. — 700 block Moore Road, theft of scrap aluminum.
- 7:07 p.m. — 32500 block Carriage Lane, a woman told police that her husband hit her in the face during a dispute over a phone.
- 9:15 p.m. — 32500 block Electric Boulevard, charges pending for drug paraphernalia after officers were called to remove a 23-year-old man from his family’s home. The man was gone when police arrived.
Saturday, Sept. 7
- 11:57 a.m. — 32800 block Walker Road, theft of a bicycle during a Friday night football game.
- 2:57 p.m. — 100 block South Point Drive, an Avon Lake resident reported that her 12-year-old daughter received a text photo of a man, estimated to be in his 60s, posing in front of his mirror nude. The woman believed the text was sent in error, but she wanted police to be aware of the incident.
- 4:22 p.m. — 33300 block Lake Road, a caller requested special attention due to someone putting dog feces on her doorstep at various times of the day.
Monday, Sept. 9
- 4:18 p.m. — 200 block Moore Road, reported theft of an iPad from an apartment. Cash and a GPS were left behind during the alleged burglary, police said.
- 4:47 p.m. — 32600 block Electric Boulevard, theft of a copper wind sculpture that was cut from the south side of the Avon Public Library on Friday night.
Tuesday, Sept. 10
- 6:11 p.m. — Forest Boulevard, a man reported that he was assaulted between 11 and 11:30 p.m. Information was taken for a report.
Wednesday, Sept. 11
- 8:34 a.m. — Tomahawk Drive and Overlook Road, several syringes were found on the sidewalk. The items were removed.
- 8:37 a.m. — 31700 block Lake Road, police received a call from Bay Village police regarding a large snake loose in the area. Police were unable to locate the snake.
- 9:21 p.m. — 100 block Avon Belden Road, report of a suspicious man watching a girl play soccer near Groveland Drive. The man was gone when police arrived.
- 9:57 p.m. — 400 block Avon Belden Road, a caller reported hitting a person on a bicycle. The victim refused a rescue squad, but his mother wanted the incident reported.