Monday, Sept. 30
- 12:34 a.m. — 800 block Vermilion Road, a resident said that someone stole their debit card and used it multiple times over the weekend. Police have determined a possible suspect.
Tuesday, Oct. 1
- 6:20 a.m. — 200 block Devonshire Road, a woman reported that someone had entered her car overnight and stolen her purse and wallet. Both items were found later that day and police have no suspects.
- 8:36 a.m. — 2400 block Edgewater Drive, police responded to a call of a theft from a car. The car’s owner told police that someone had taken her purse from their car.
- 12:04 p.m. — 200 block Mornington Road, a resident said that someone had entered their car and stole some items from inside. The resident said they had left their car unlocked overnight.
- 9:08 p.m. — 700 block Arlington Drive, police found a sick possum and removed it from the scene.
Wednesday, Oct. 2
- 12:42 a.m. — 4400 block Liberty Ave., report of an armed robbery at a Fifth Third bank. The victim was making a deposit at night and was robbed by an unknown person.
- 4:49 p.m. — 3500 Liberty Ave., a man said he was getting gas at a Marathon station when someone hit his car and fled the scene.
- 7:15 p.m. — Nantucket Place and Liberty Avenue, a man was found unconscious and lying in the road. Police determined that he was on heroin and he was taken to Mercy Hospital. He was then charged with drug abuse, possession of drug abuse instruments and probation violation.
Thursday, Oct. 3
- 7:33 a.m. — 900 block State St., a resident said their garage was opened and fishing gear was missing.
- 4:05 p.m. — 600 block Decatur St., Matthew Haller escaped from Vermilion Municipal Court and fled on foot, still in handcuffs. He was later found near Ritter Public Library and brought to Lorain County Jail.
- 6:05 p.m. — 700 block Grand St., someone said a storage shed was broken into and a spool of wire was missing from inside.
Friday, Oct. 4
- 8:28 a.m. — 2200 block Vermilion Road, a resident called about a barking dog.
Saturday, Oct. 5
- 1:21 a.m. – Lake Erie Tap House, 5541 Liberty Ave., a woman said that someone stole her purse from her chair. The purse was found later with some items missing.
Sunday, Oct. 6
- 10:14 a.m. — 4200 block Liberty Ave., an employee at Discount Drug Mart said someone tried to get prescription drugs illegally by giving a false name and date of birth.
- 11:41 p.m. — 300 block Woodridge Road, a woman said that her cousin was harassing her over text messaging. She said the texts were non-threatening but rude.
Monday, Oct. 7
- 12:33 p.m. — 5700 block Liberty Ave., a man said someone stole items from his garage.
- 5:19 p.m. — 4200 block Menlo Park Lane, a man said he thinks someone entered his garage and stole his lawn mower.