6:56 p.m. Oct. 15 — 4700 block Belmont Drive, a man told police that he received a visit from a man dressed in an “ADT” shirt, who asked to check the house for alarm equipment that was left by the previous owner. The visitor looked in various locations in the house, including a coat closet, before leaving. Police were later informed by the previous owner that there had never been alarm equipment in the home. Officers are conducting extra patrols in the area.
Monday, Oct. 14
- 2:14 a.m. — 38200 block Colorado Ave., a bartender at Mulligan’s Pub & Grille said a man at the bar appeared to be overly intoxicated and under the influence of some type of drug. She said he asked for an ambulance for a burn on his leg but later changed his mind. Lorain County 911 sent a squad, and the man was taken to St. John’s Medical Center.
- 8:17 a.m. — 33700 block Lear Industrial Park, breaking and entering to a work van.
Tuesday, Oct. 15
- 1:58 p.m. — 35800 block Detroit Road, tires slashed on a vehicle parked at Panera Bread.
- 10:49 p.m. — 1600 block Cypress East, theft of a women’s 24-to 26-inch burgundy bicycle from a porch.
Wednesday, Oct. 16
- 10:56 a.m. — 38200 block Heron Lane, Luke Roach charged with trespassing and receiving stolen property. Police identified Roach as the suspect captured on security video walking into another man’s open garage. Police said stolen property from a theft on Oct. 14 was recovered in the area of Stonewood Street.
- 3:01 p.m. — 1500 block Rosewood Blvd., a man reported receiving a call from someone claiming that he won $5 million and a new Mercedes. The man told police he didn’t give the caller his personal information.
- 6:04 p.m. — 3500 block Bellcrest Drive, a man reported that his 14-year-old son is being bullied by an adult neighbor, who accused the boy and his friends of throwing rocks in his yard and on his trampoline. The boy denied throwing the rocks but said he cleaned them up so the neighbor would stop yelling. The neighbor was told to cease contact with the teen.
Thursday, Oct. 17
- 1:43 a.m. — 36400 block Wendell St., police conducted extra patrols in the area after a woman reported that her garage overhead door was opened while she was home.
- 6:59 a.m. — 2900 block Mapleview Lane, a man reported that his brother has been breaking into his residence and stealing items.
- 8:29 a.m. — 36000 block Astoria Way, reported problems involving neighborhood kids throwing rocks into a yard and on a trampoline.
- 1:06 p.m. — 35800 block Detroit Road, a customer at Target reported that her purse and cell phone were stolen while she was in the store. A possible suspect was described as a 25- to 30-year-old light-skinned Hispanic man, about 5-7 to 5-10 tall, wearing a light-colored or white T-shirt and jeans.
- 2:17 p.m. — 35500 block Detroit Road, a Third Federal Saving Bank employee said a man came into the bank to exchange some money using a fake ID. When confronted, he said he would go get a good ID, and he left in a maroon vehicle. Police said the vehicle was registered to a Sheffield Lake man.
- 11:24 p.m. — 25100 block Saddle Creek Drive, a woman called police to report that she believed someone was in her house as the television turned on unexpectedly and she heard laughing. Police checked the house and determined the noise was coming from a laptop downstairs that began playing for no apparent reason.