2:52 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 22 — 300 block Fourth St., Marquise Edwards, 18, 200 block Northfield Drive, Elyria, arrested and charged with assault and disrupting public service. Edwards’ girlfriend said he became angry when he saw another man sleeping in her home. She said Edwards repeatedly punched the man and then kicked open the bathroom door where she was hiding while holding her infant son. The girlfriend, who police said had no signs of injury, but was shaking, said Edwards threw her to the ground, choked and punched her and threw a glass at her, shattering it. She said he smashed her phone when she tried to call for help. Edwards turned himself in to police and denied assaulting his girlfriend. Edwards, who police said had no signs of injuries, said he became angry when he saw the man performing oral sex on his girlfriend and admitting breaking the glass and forcing his girlfriend out of her home.
Monday, Oct. 21
- 11:31 a.m. – 900 block Fairwood Blvd., a resident said his unlocked pickup and his daughter’s car, both parked overnight in his driveway, were burglarized. Jumper cables, prescription pills that the resident said he just had refilled, a tool box and $20 cash were stolen.
- 10 p.m. — Toys-R-Us, 1601 West River Road, North, Carlos A. Ortiz, 23, 800 block W. 21st. St., Lorain, arrested and charged with violation of a protection order. A Chipotle Mexican Grill worker who has a temporary protection order against Ortiz said Ortiz was hanging around outside the restaurant, stalking her. Police said Ortiz ran when they arrived, but then stopped and surrendered on Midway Boulevard.
- 10:34 p.m. — 100 block Taft Ave., David Wilkerson, 34, 300 block Morgan Lane, Elyria, arrested and charged with domestic violence. Wilkerson’s girlfriend said they argued over her asking him to take more responsibility around their home. The girlfriend, who police said had visible injuries, said he grabbed her by the neck and threw her to the ground and climbed on top of her. Wilkerson, who has at least two domestic violence convictions, had scratches on his shoulder and wanted police to arrest his girlfriend.
Monday, Oct 21
- 8:30 p.m. — 1300 block W. 24th St., two women got into a fight and one woman’s cell phone was broken.
- 10:11 p.m. — 2600 block W. Erie Ave., a woman told police she watched a man run from her car with her purse.
Tuesday, Oct. 22
- 12:33 a.m. — 2100 block Lorain Drive, a woman told police she was sleeping when she heard a door open to the outside of her house. She said it was locked when she went to sleep.
- 3:30 a.m. — 2200 block Lorain Drive, a woman told police that the girlfriend of her son’s father was stalking her and yelling at her from a car.
- 5:39 a.m. — 2800 block Meister Road, police found trash bags full of drywall lying in a yard.