Sunday, Oct. 27
- 2 a.m. — EMH Medical Center, Elyria, 630 East River St., Devonte Gray, 21, 200 block of Bell Ave., Elyria, cited for assault and released. A hospital guard told police Gray was drunk and causing a disturbance in the emergency room waiting room. The guard said he had to shock Gray with his stun gun to subdue him. Police said a witness verified the guard’s account.
- 10:44 a.m. — 900 block East Ave., a man, whom police said had bruises on his face, said he was at a woman’s home in her bedroom when the boyfriend of the woman arrived. The man said the boyfriend punched him in the face in an unprovoked attack.
- 3:27 p.m. — Super 8 Motel, 910 Lorain Blvd., a man and a woman staying at the hotel said a man burst into their room and stole the woman’s purse and ran away. They described the man as black, about 6-foot, 1-inch tall with long dreadlocks and wearing a black hooded sweatshirt.
- 7:06 p.m. — 2200 block West River Road, North, a woman said her ex-boyfriend argued with her and then put his hand over her mouth and tried to suffocate her before stopping. She said he wouldn’t allow her to call police, but after he left her home, she called. Police said the woman wouldn’t identify the man and had no visible signs of injury.
- 8:01 p.m. — 600 block N. Abbe Road, Hannah White, 22, same address, charged with domestic violence. A man who is a friend of White’s fiance, said he was visiting their home to play video games. The man, who police said had a swollen lip, said White entered the apartment, accused him of trying to “play her” and then punched him in the mouth. White then left with her 18-month-old daughter. White remained at large Sunday night.
Saturday, Oct. 26
- 11:24 a.m. — 300 block W. 15th St., a resident reported an injured or sick raccoon would not leave her back porch. Officer Zachary Iannantuono wrote in a report that the animal appeared to be sick and was growling. He said he moved it to a safe area of the yard and fatally shot it to put it out of its misery.
- 2:31 p.m. — 4600 block Oak Hill Blvd., a resident said seconds after a delivery man placed a box with a television inside it outside his apartment door in the hallway, a man he has seen around the apartment complex stole it. The resident said he chased the man who put the TV in the trunk of his Cadillac and drove off. The resident said he took a day to report the incident because he was scared.
- 7:33 p.m. — 1500 block W. 24th St., a neighbor said her neighbors moved out Wednesday and Saturday she noticed they left a dog in the garage. She said she took the dog in and fed it. Police took the dog to a kennel and said they would send a report to the Lorain prosecutor’s office recommending a cruelty to animal charge against the man listed as a resident of the vacated home.