10:12 a.m. Oct. 27 — Veterans Memorial Park, 303 W. Erie Ave., Noah Spires, 24, 3900 block W. Erie Ave., Lorain, arrested and charged with vandalism. Spires is accused of writing, “(Expletive) the military” on a war memorial. Spires told police he was trying to remove the writing, but police said they found markers in his bag consistent with the color of the writing.
Friday, Oct. 25
- 11:30 p.m. — 2100 block W. Serenity Lane, a man reported a theft of his credit card from his car is it was parked outside of his apartment. The alleged thief used the card at the Circle K and McDonald’s, he said.
Sunday, Oct. 27
- 9 a.m. — 2100 block Homewood Drive, police responded to a call of a loose dog in the area of Homewood Drive. They said the dog was aggressive, even after police fed it hot dogs. They caught it and took it to a nearby animal clinic.
- 12:45 p.m. — 2200 block Colorado Ave., a man and woman were seen leaving Drug-Mart with multiple bottles of alcohol that they didn’t pay for. The man said that he stole the alcohol and the woman was innocent.
- 3:20 p.m. — 1100 block W. 22nd St., a 17-year-old shoved his foster father.
- 4 p.m. — 3100 block Crehore St., a husband was fighting with his wife and allegedly hit her in the face. Police saw a contusion on her face and charged the husband with domestic violence.
- 4:44 p.m. — 1800 block E. 28th St., a man who was questioned by police lied about his name and accused police of harassing him, according to the report.
Monday, Oct. 28
- no time listed — Lorain Police Department, 100 W. Erie Ave., Kenneth Combs, 32, 700 block Howard Drive, Vermilion, arrested and charged with receiving stolen property. Combs was charged in connection with a Sept. 26 theft of stereo equipment from a home in the 1600 block E. 28th St., according to police.
- 7:30 p.m. — Lorain Drive and West 21st Street, Manuel Matos, 34, 1500 block E. 30th St., Lorain, arrested and charged with driving the wrong way on a one-way street, driving without a license and obstructing official business. Matos was stopped for driving the wrong way on Lorain Drive, police said. They said he didn’t have a license and gave them a phony name when stopped.
- 10:06 p.m. — 500 block Oberlin Ave., Timothy Stanley, 56, same address, arrested and charged with domestic violence. Stanley’s girlfriend, who police said was lying on the floor and was bleeding from her mouth when an officer arrived at their home, said Stanley got drunk and beat her. Stanley, who police said was bleeding from his mouth and drunk, said his girlfriend beat him up.