Sunday, Nov. 3
- 1:12 a.m. — 3800 block Denver Ave., Jonathan B. Carter, 34, same address, arrested and charged with domestic violence. Carter’s wife, who police said had red marks on her neck, said she is separated from Carter and he became angry about her new boyfriend. She said he shoved her and repeatedly choked her. Carter, who police said has a 2006 domestic violence conviction, denied choking her.
Wednesday, Oct. 30
- 7:30 a.m. — 100 block E. 8th St., a man said someone went through his car while it was parked outside.
Thursday, Oct. 31
- 8:19 p.m. — 100 block Kentucky Ave., a man said his friend was staying at his house and when he returned to the house, items were missing.
Friday, Nov. 1
- Midnight — 3900 block Gary Ave., a woman said her neighbor was babysitting her child for the night and when the woman returned to her house, she found her cell phone missing.
- 7:00 a.m. — 4200 block Charleston Ave., a woman said her 54-year-old son pulled her out of bed and wanted to cash some checks at the bank. She refused to take him and he threatened to beat her to death, according to the report.
- 9:29 a.m. — 800 block W. 17th St., police responded to a call about a protection order being violated. A woman told police that the man she has a temporary protection order against called her, asking for her to take him back.
- 10 a.m. — 1600 block W. 19th St., a woman said her license plates went missing while she was at the doctor’s office.
- 10:30 a.m. — 4500 block Ashland Ave., a woman said her landlord entered her apartment without her consent.
- 11:20 a.m. — 1500 block E. 29th St., a woman said she gave $40 to her friend and when she learned he intended to buy drugs with the money, she went to confront him. She told police that a friend of her friend slapped her in the face when she met with the boys.
- 1 p.m. — 1500 block Kansas Ave., a man told police that someone broke the right rear window of his car. He said he doesn’t know who could have done it but there are security cameras around where he was parked.
- 4 p.m. — 1600 block North Mexico Ave., a woman told police that her husband wanted her disability checks and when she refused, he threw items in their house and said he would hit her.
- 4:18 p.m. — 1100 block of W. 21st St., a man used a kitchen knife to threaten his father, the father told police.
- 11:45 p.m. — 6100 block Golden Road Lane, a woman told police she heard things hitting her house and when she went outside she found that someone had thrown eggs at her house. She thinks her daughter’s friends are to blame.
Saturday, Nov. 2
- 2:29 a.m. — 1600 block E. 30th St., a resident said she left her home around midnight and when she returned around 2 a.m., someone had smashed her kitchen window and back door window. Rocks were found near the windows, police said.
- 1 p.m. — 3200 block Norfolk Ave., a resident said someone burglarized his garage, smashing a side door and stealing a lawnmower and snowblower with a combined value of $750.
- 6 p.m. — 200 block E. 33rd St., a resident said someone smashed her car windshield with a brick overnight.
- 11:32 p.m. — 2500 block of Marshall Ave., Xavier Fryson, 21, 1800 block W. 20th St., Lorain, arrested and charged with violation of a temporary protection order and obstructing official business. Police said Fryson told them he went to the home of a woman who has a temporary protection order against him to pick up belongings and when he learned she’d been with another man, they argued. Police said Fryson give them a phony name when they first questioned him.