On three different days, residents reported either the theft or attempted theft of air conditioner units, according to Vermilion Police reports.
At about 6:13 p.m. Oct. 28, a resident said someone stole their air conditioner unit when it was mounted outside of their house in the 300 block of Thomas Alva Drive. No suspects have been identified.
An attempted theft was reported at 5:56 a.m. Oct. 31 by a caller who said that another person was trying to steal an air conditioning unit on Parkland Road. At the scene, police saw wires and lines to the unit that were cut.
At 10 a.m. Nov. 4, a man said someone stole an air conditioner from the side of a building in the 3200 block of Liberty Avenue. Police saw the cord and two copper tubes cut around where the unit had been.
Friday, Oct. 25
- 2:21 p.m. — 1100 block Adams St., a woman told police that someone sent her a threatening video on Facebook.
Saturday, Oct. 26
- 12:42 p.m. — 500 block Guilford Road, a woman told police that two weeks ago someone put something in the fuel tank of her car and now her car doesn’t run.
- 8:17 p.m. — 200 block Delamere Road, a woman told police that she found some sexual material involving children on a family member’s computer.
- 7:18 p.m. — 600 block Dogwood Lane, someone told police that jewelry was stolen from their house while they had guests visiting.
- 10:16 p.m. — 4500 block Liberty Ave., a man was drunk and causing a disturbance at the bowling alley. He had his 11-year-old son with him, according to police. The child’s mother came to pick the boy up and the man was charged for disorderly conduct.
Sunday, Oct. 27
- 10:02 p.m. — Intersection of Liberty Avenue and Portland Drive, a driver was pulled over for a traffic violation and was charged with OVI after he failed field sobriety tests.
Monday, Oct. 28
- 9:25 a.m. — 1100 block Adams St., a resident told police there was a sick raccoon in the area.
- 2:16 p.m. — 600 block Sunnyside Road, a resident said someone stole prescription pain medication from her purse. No suspects have been identified.
- 5:24 p.m. — 4500 block Liberty Ave., an employee at Beanies Coin Laundry said someone stole a customer’s comforter from one of the dryers. After an investigation, police found that the customer had picked up their own comforter.
- 6:11 p.m. — 700 block Grand St., someone tried to remove copper ground wire from the Evangelical and Reformed Church property.
Tuesday, Oct. 29
- 10:23 p.m. — Intersection Liberty Avenue and Park Drive, Savannah Brazik was issued a citation for possession of drug paraphernalia after police stopped her car for improper license plate illumination.
Wednesday, Oct. 30
- 10:16 a.m. — 400 block Salem Drive, a man told police that someone drilled a small hole near the dead bolt lock in his apartment. Entry was not made into the apartment.
- 9:52 p.m. — 3900 block Hilltop Drive, police responded to a physical domestic argument complaint and found a man and a woman with her face marked, possibly from the incident.
Friday, Nov. 1
- 11:42 a.m. — Sailorway Middle School, the assistant principal at Sailorway Middle School told police that a student was carrying a switchblade knife in his bookbag. She told police she found the knife and the student was suspended.
- 12:47 p.m. — 1400 block of Sanford St., officers saw that someone had hit a mailbox on Sanford Street with their car.
Saturday, Nov. 2
- 12:20 a.m. — 800 block of Exchange St., someone called police to say that there was screaming and yelling in one of the yards around Exchange Street. A group in the area said that two men and two women came to their house and assaulted them with pepper spray. One woman admitted to using the pepper spray and was charged with assault.
- 1:31 a.m. — 5100 block Liberty Ave., a man crashed his car at Quaker Steak & Lube. He got out of the car and began walking down Liberty Avenue. When police talked to him, he failed sobriety tests and was charged with OVI.