Tuesday, Nov. 12
- 7:36 a.m. — 100 block Lake Ave., theft of money during a break-in at Express Lane Oil.
- 9:08 a.m. — 100 block Euclid St., theft of a firearm. The owner of the firearm said there was no forced entry into the house and the only people staying at the home were his mother and nephew.
- 1:28 p.m. — no location given, a woman told police that she found drug paraphernalia belonging to another woman, who was at the hospital having a child. She said the child is having withdrawals because of the mother’s heroin use, and Lorain County Children Services is involved in the case.
- 1:31 p.m. — 100 block Valley Forge Circle, a woman reported that the tire of her vehicle had been punctured and a white substance was put in her gas tank. A neighbor told police that she saw a man matching the description of the woman’s ex-boyfriend near the vehicle.
- 5:45 p.m. — 4500 block Midway Mall, Darlene Johnson, 50, 1800 block Turner Blvd., issued a summons for theft for allegedly attempting to steal five clothing items from JCPenney.
- 6:06 p.m. — 100 block West Ave., a man said he believed his girlfriend’s brother stole 15 of his video games. The man said he had no proof, and he had not confronted the suspect.
Wednesday, Nov. 13
- 1:13 a.m. — 1000 block Chestnut Commons Drive, Christine Rollins, 32, of Lorain, issued a summons for theft for allegedly attempting to steal 15 items from Wal-Mart.
- 2:30 a.m. — 1800 block Middle Ave., police were sent to an apartment building for a man who passed out in a common area. The man who was bleeding from his nose, told police he was visiting a friend in the apartment and did not know what happened. Police said the man had needle marks on his arms, appeared to be under the influence of drugs and admitted to using heroin two days prior.