6:42 p.m. Nov. 15 — 100 block S. Main St., a man told police that he was “jumped” by four unknown men at The Feve. He said the attack occurred after he and his girlfriend were assaulted by two women on the second-floor bar area. Police said the man had a noticeable red mark above his eye from where he was punched.
Tuesday, Nov. 5
- 1 p.m. — 100 block S. Main St., a participant in the D.O.P.E. is for D.O.P.E. Program at Grafton Correctional Institution reported that he was approached by a 13-year-old student at the Lorain County Academy, who disclosed a serious incident that happened to her involving her mother’s boyfriend. The incident was reported to the proper agency, as it occurred outside of Oberlin.
Wednesday, Nov. 6
- 10:35 p.m. — 200 block Woodland St., theft of a coat and backpack from Phillips Gymnasium at Oberlin College. The owner of the items said he was playing basketball and had left his coat and backpack sitting outside the door to the gym when they were taken. The backpack contained a Macbook Pro laptop, iPhone 4 and a wallet.
Thursday, Nov. 7
- 1:37 p.m. — 400 block S. Main St., a resident of Welcome Nursing Home reported to a staff member that another resident was mistreated by an aide. The aide denied any wrongdoing and said he was trying to change the resident’s clothing and clean up urine on the floor when the resident became combative. Police said there were no injuries reported, and the incident was reported to the city’s prosecutor because the alleged victim was not competent due to his mental state.
Friday, Nov. 8
- 10:52 a.m. — 100 block W. Lorain St., police confiscated a jar containing suspected marijuana from Oberlin College Security Office.
Saturday, Nov. 9
- 8:29 p.m. — 100 block E. Lorain St., theft of two laptops during a burglary.
- 8:29 p.m. — 100 block N. Main St., Robert Orzech Jr., 39, 300 block N. Professor St., cited for operating a vehicle under the influence, OVI — refusal, expired driver’s license, temporary permit violation and lighted lights. Police stopped Orzech for allegedly driving without headlights and taillights, and Orzech admitted to drinking beers at a friend’s house that night.
- 11:30 p.m. — 100 block S. Main St., reported breaking and entering at Jacko and Jacko dentist office.
Thursday, Nov. 14
10 p.m. — 100 block Elm St., theft of a backpack containing electronics and several items from South Hall.
Friday, Nov. 15
- 2:30 p.m. — 14900 block state Route 58, Jennifer Soboslai, 41, of Wellington, charged with theft for allegedly trying to steal five sweaters from Goodwill.
Saturday, Nov. 16
- 1:48 p.m. — 100 block W. College St., multiple vehicles in the parking lot of Grey Gables were damaged. Police said the wiper blades of six vehicles parked in the lot had been torn off.
- 2:56 p.m. — 200 block Woodland St., Lori Cook, 43, 500 block W. College St., arrested and charged with driving under the influence. Police were called to the area by Oberlin College Safety and Security Office, who reported that Cook was driving erratically and had parked in the grass near the entrance of the football stadium. Police said a bottle of vodka was found in the vehicle Cook was driving and it appeared as if she had urinated on herself and vomited on the driver’s side door. Cook denied the bottle of alcohol was hers but admitted to taking prescription medication and consuming two shots of tequila at 7:30 a.m.
- 4:40 p.m. — 200 block Woodland St., theft of a backpack containing several items from Phillips Gymnasium.
- 5:34 p.m. — 100 block S. Main St., fraudulent use of information to open a credit card account was reported.