Give yourself the gift of health and wellness this holiday season by maintaining your current weight, instead of focusing on losing weight.
5 Helpful Tips To Maintain Don’t Gain Weight This Holiday Season:
1. Stay Active-The Center for Disease Control and Prevention recommends 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity (i.e., brisk walking, running, biking) every week and weight training muscle-strengthening activities 2 or more days a week
2. Plan Ahead- Don’t go to a holiday party hungry. Eat a small snack such as a piece of fruit, granola bar or low fat yogurt to avoid overeating and cravings.
3. Talk More- Holiday parties are the perfect time to catch up with friends, family and co-workers. Grab a comfy seat and chat away from the food table
4. Take Control- You don’t have to go completely cold turkey this holiday season with desserts. Limit yourself to one treat a day to avoid over eating
5. Share a Dish- Whether you’re hosting a holiday party or attending one, bring a healthy dish for everyone to enjoy.
The holidays don’t have to mean over eating and weight gain. Focus on friends, family and fun! For more fun and festive ways to get healthy this holiday season go to livehealthyloraincounty.com, follow us on Twitter @LorainCoHealth and join us on Facebook.