Monday, Dec. 2
- 11:12 a.m. — 200 block Connecticut Ave., a man said someone slashed the tires on his mobile trailer.
- 12:10 p.m. — 800 block Oak St., a woman said the door to a vacant rental property she is renovating was kicked in, but nothing appeared to be stolen.
- 3:42 p.m. — 100 block Longford Ave., 14-year-old boy, same address, charged with domestic violence but not arrested. The boy’s mother said she tried to punish him for poor grades and disciplinary problems, and he pushed her and held her down. She said she had to bite and hit him to break free before the boy ran out of the house.
- 7:50 p.m. — 100 block Garvin Ave., a resident said someone broke into her home between 9 a.m. and 7:50 p.m. and stole $1,000 in cash, video games and a $1,000 television. She suspects an ex-girlfriend. Police said the front door was heavily damaged and a window was broken.
- 8:42 p.m. — Elyria Police Department, 18 West Ave., a student at Lorain County Community College said a fellow student stole a phone from her purse at the college. The woman said she obtained the student’s address and while driving to her home spotted her driving on state Route 113. She said the student drove away when she realized she was being followed and she lost her.