Avon Lake police
4:24 p.m. Dec. 12 — 33500 block Lake Road, reported scam phone call from a man claiming to be from the Illuminating Company and asking for $900 or the electricity would be shut off.
Wednesday, Dec. 4
- 2:21 p.m. — 600 block Lakeside Drive, reported theft of dangerous drugs.
Friday, Dec. 6
- 3 p.m. — 200 block Berkshire Road, a man told police his adult son was stealing items from his residence.
Thursday, Dec. 12
- 7:35 a.m. — Fairfield Road, a caller reported hearing gunshots in the Fairfield area.
- 6:29 p.m. — Walker Road, report of a person selling perfume at 90 percent more than the actual cost. Police said the caller’s credit card receipt showed a company name of Millennium Management, and the phone number was traced to a house in Lorain.
Tuesday, Dec. 10
- 9:13 a.m. — 36100 block North Park Drive, mailbox damaged by an unknown vehicle overnight.
- 10:12 a.m. — 4300 block South Fall Lake Drive, report of Christmas lights that were cut.
- 12:58 p.m. — 36700 block Cranlyn Terrace, theft of a cell phone from a mail box.
- 2:37 p.m. — 3600 block Weston Drive, theft of two windows.
- 6:57 p.m. — 36000 block Detroit Road, a woman reported that she was approached by a man who attempted to open the door of her vehicle. Police said the man had been asking customers for money inside CVS because he was $6 short to pay for his prescription medication.