Thursday, Dec. 19
- 12:43 p.m. – Police charged two men with theft for a shoplifting incident at the Sears store at Midway Mall. Police reports said a Sears security officer told police he watched two males select a piece of jewelry at the store’s jewelry counter, which one of the two men pocketed before both left the store. Outside in the mall area, the other man took it. When questioned, the pair returned a ratchet and ratchet set they also had taken. Angel O. Santiago-Rodriguez and Eddy Encarnacion, both 18, of Elyria, were each charged with theft. The men were also told by Sears personnel they are banned from the store.
Friday, Dec. 20
- 8:55 a.m. – 219 Colorado Ave. The owner of a business told police that more than 40 of some 50 small motors and machines were taken from an outside area between 5 p.m. Wednesday and Friday morning. The owner told police he suspected a man who was rumored to have broken into other buildings in the area.
- 9:45 a.m. – 700 block of West 18th St. A woman told police that sometime between 10:30 p.m. Thursday night and Friday morning someone entered her residence and took a flatscreen TV valued at $500. Police reports said the back door of the residence was unlocked during the period.
- 12:47 p.m. – 3080 Jeager Road. Jason Partin, 36, of Elyria was charged with theft after surveillance video revealed a man later identified as Partin taking $600 in jewelry from the Kohl’s store. A store security officer told police he recognized Partin from a suspected theft a few days earlier.
- 5:15 p.m. – 2901 Pearl Ave. Employees of Rainbow Bakery told police they received phone calls from customers telling them three suspicious males in the bakery resembled suspects from a recent robbery outside a local Dollar Store. The three men left before police could be called.