Thursday, Jan. 2
- 8:15 a.m. — 100 block Lake Ave., reported theft from Express Lane. Police said the suspect was a former employee and was seen on security video stealing money.
- 11:39 a.m. — 100 block Brunswick Drive, theft of a purse from an apartment. The owner of the purse suspected a guest had stolen the purse.
- 6:20 p.m. — 200 block Lake Ave., Michelle Carlisle, 26, same address, arrested and charged with theft of services. A cab driver for ABC Taxi said he gave Carlisle and her children a ride to a home in Elyria from Cleveland, and Carlisle agreed to pay $70 for the fare. He said when they arrived at the location, however, Carlisle handed him a card with an ABC Taxi driver’s name on it and said the unknown person told her that she could have a free ride anytime. Police said Carlisle had also given the cab driver a fake name and the address of a neighbor, climbing over the neighbor’s fence to her yard next door after refusing to pay.
Thursday, Jan. 2
- 4:50 p.m. — 3000 block Omaha Ave., an argument ensued between a man and woman over a sweatshirt. It then escalated when the man grabbed the glasses off the woman’s face and threw them to the ground, breaking them.
- 6:58 p.m. — 100 block E. 32nd St., criminal damaging to a parked car. A woman noticed her two back tires were flat.
- 7:17 p.m. — 500 block W. 24th St., Debra McCartney-Gogan, 37, same address, charged with assault on a police officer. McCartney-Gogan became combative when an officer tried to help her stand up; she then began to argue with the paramedics and was then combative with the hospital staff.
- 8:43 p.m. — 2000 block W. 31st St., Eric Ronado, 32, 37000 block Carleen, Avon, was charged with possession of heroin, possession of drug abuse instrument and possession of drug paraphernalia.