Saturday, Jan. 4
- 8:50 p.m. — 1200 block W. 33rd St., Ceasar L. Gonzalez, 28, 1000 block W. 22nd St., Lorain, arrested and charged with aggravated arson and domestic violence. Gonzalez’s brother said Gonzalez took his mattress outside and burned it. The brother said Gonzalez threatened to hit him when confronted about the mattress.
Sunday, Jan. 5
- 5:01 p.m. — 1800 block Cooper Foster Road, Terry Morris, 22, Gary Avenue, Lorain, charged with domestic violence but not arrested. Morris’ girlfriend said he accused her of infidelity and was angry about paying child support. She said Morris struck her in the face with the palm of his hand. Police said Morris works in Westlake and they asked Westlake police to arrest him.
- 8:53 p.m. — 1900 block Long Ave., Vanessa Brooks, 40, 600 block Harris St., Sheffield Lake, arrested and charged with domestic violence. Brooks’ sister, who is three months pregnant, said Brooks got drunk and became abusive after being driven home from a bar. The sister said Brooks became angrier after paramedics were called due to her alcohol consumptiion and punched and kicked her sister in the stomach.
- 9:07 p.m. — 2200 block W. 24th St., Justy Ballard, 31, 500 block Washington Ave., Lorain, charged with assault and aggravated menacing but not arrested. Ballard’s girlfriend, who police said had a cut lip, said he entered her home without permission and was drunk, abusive and smashed furniture in her apartment. The girlfriend said as she was carrying her 2-year-old daughter out of the apartment, Ballard punched her in the face. Police said they were unable to find Ballard.
- 11:07 p.m. — Delaware Avenue and E. Street, Tia Hall, 30, 100 block Hamilton Ave., Lorain, cited for a stop sign violation and obstructing official business. Police said Hall became hysterical when stopped for not stopping at a stop sign and improperly backing down a road. They said she repeatedly refused to get out of her car and nudged an officer with the car door. They said she resisted being handcuffed all while screaming at police and with her young children in the back seat of the car.