6:55 p.m. Dec. 22 — 100 block Smith St., Darrell Spencer arrested and charged with physical control under the influence and blood-alcohol content greater than 0.08. Police said Spencer was asleep in the driver’s seat of a vehicle, which was parked in the front yard of a home. Police said Spencer, who believed he was at his own home, appeared to be intoxicated and was covered in mud as if he had fallen out of the vehicle earlier that evening.
Saturday, Dec. 21
- 10:48 a.m. — 100 block S. Park St., reported damage to a vehicle. The vehicle’s owner said she observed a fight in the parking lot of her apartment complex that night, and she believed the dent was made during the fight. Police said the fight between two males was over a 16-year-old girl in the apartment complex who refused to cooperate with an officer.
Sunday, Dec. 22
- 3:14 p.m. — 100 block W. Lorain St., three glass pipes, one wood pipe, tobacco and one jar, all containing suspected marijuana residue, were turned in to police by Oberlin College Safety and Security Office.
- 9:37 p.m. — 100 block Maple St., Kyree Earl arrested and charged with criminal damaging. Earl’s girlfriend accused Earl of breaking her cell phone after drinking a bottle of vodka and yelling at her because his clothes were not folded.
Monday, Dec. 23
- 11 a.m. — 100 block S. Main St., reported damage to a mailbox and a lock on the mailbox at Ottica Eye Care.
- 12:12 p.m. — 100 block Maple St., Kyree Earl arrested and charged with menacing by stalking, burglary, disrupting public service and criminal damaging. Earl’s girlfriend said Earl returned to her apartment after being banned from the apartment the prior day for breaking a storm door during an argument. She told police that Earl kicked the door open to the apartment after she told him to leave and broke a glass coffee table, dishes and the television while he chased her around the apartment.
Wednesday, Dec. 25
- 11:45 p.m. — 200 block S. Pleasant St., reported burglary of a residence. A resident told police that he believed a female acquaintance had burglarized the residence, because her prescription pill bottle had been moved, and there was an empty box of tampons in the trash can.
Friday, Dec. 27
- 2:15 p.m. — 600 block Kimberly Circle, reported theft of a PlayStation 4 during a home burglary. The resident believed a woman who used to live in the residence stole the PlayStation because there were no signs of forced entry and it was the second time his home had been burglarized.
Saturday, Dec. 28
- 1:26 p.m. — 200 block N. Pleasant St., reported breaking and entering of a garage through an unlocked window. Police said cash was taken and several items were moved around.
- 4:11 p.m. — 100 block E. Lorain St., reported theft of an Xbox 360 video game system, television and video games from a home. A resident said his roommates were out of town and had not taken the items, but several mailed packages were brought into the house while they were gone.
Wednesday, Jan. 1
- 3:08 a.m. — 100 block King St., Willis Eldon Hossler, 32, of Oberlin, arrested and charged with burglary after a resident called and reported that someone was in her home. The woman told police that a man knocked on the door, and she then heard him inside of the home. Police said glass was broken out of a door, and Hossler was found inside the home. Police said Hossler initially refused to comply with an officer’s orders before he was arrested.
Sunday, Dec. 1
- 10:03 a.m. – 100 block DeWolfe St., theft of a bicycle valued at $1,300 from shed.
Thursday, Dec. 19
- 6:10 p.m. – 200 block West Herrick, a man advised that while he was on a work break, he arrived at the Sunoco gas station buying a beverage when he was confronted by two men and a woman. The trio began yelling racial slurs and making threats against the man.