Tuesday, Jan. 7
- 2:53 p.m. — West Sixth Street and Oberlin Avenue, a white pug and hound mix, approximately two years old, was picked up by a police officer. The dog, which was running down the street, appeared to be in good shape, although slightly thin. Police said the dog, which had no collar, was transported to the animal clinic.
- 5:14 p.m. — 3400 block Bellflower Drive, reported theft of furniture from a front porch. A newspaper was reportedly left on the porch by the perpetrator.
- 5:16 p.m. — 2500 block Colorado Ave., theft of a catalytic converter from a van.
Wednesday, Jan. 8
- 3:29 a.m. — 100 block Arizona Ave., attempted burglary of a home. Police said it appeared as if the suspect knocked the electricity out in an attempt to break in, but a back-up battery in the alarm system caused the alarm to go off.
- 6:20 a.m. — 4700 block Oberlin Ave., a man told police someone stole an Xbox from his house and then his neighbor came by asking for money.
- 9:11 p.m. — Intersection Broadway and West 18th Street, Matthew Gonzales, 27, was charged with possession of heroin and possession of drug abuse instruments after police pulled over his car and allegedly found liquid heroin in a syringe inside.
- 10 p.m. — 500 block Washington Ave., a man told police someone broke his car window when his car was parked at his house.
Monday, Jan. 7
- 9:00 p.m. — 100 block Tedman Court, a woman told police she let her ex-boyfriend sleep on her couch and when she woke up the next morning both he and her car were gone.
Tuesday, Jan. 8
- 4:08 p.m. — 300 block Market Dr., Stanley Thomas, 46, was charged with theft after he was seen putting meat products into a bag and running from Giant Eagle.
- 5:07 p.m. — 200 block Market Dr., Christopher Drake, 23, was charged with theft after he was allegedly seen trying to leave Target with stolen DVDs in his pockets.
Wednesday, Jan. 9
- 1:30 a.m. — 900 block E. Broad St., someone was in a parking lot asking people walking by for money.