AVON LAKE – An overnight fire caused as much as $110,000 to a Moorewood Avenue home and the owner’s belongings.
The Avon Lake Fire Department received a call at 12:31 a.m. Monday for a fully engulfed house fire at 173 Moorewood Ave.
Upon arrival, firefighters found a fire in an attached garage. A vehicle parked in the driveway was also on fire.
Avon Lake police officers on scene advised that all occupants were outside of the house. No one was injured.
Mutual aid was provided by Avon and SheffieldLake fire departments, and crews remained on scene until 3 a.m.
The single-family home is owned by Daniel and Anne Smith, according to the Lorain County Auditor’s website.