7:42 p.m. Jan. 11 — 2900 block Packard Drive, Samantha Altpater, 42, 2400 block Frankford Ave., Sheffield Township, arrested and charged with drunken driving, leaving the scene of an accident and failure to control. Police said Altpater hit several vehicles with her car and left the scene. They said she failed a field sobriety test and registered a 0.14 blood-alcohol content. Altpater admitted to hitting the vehicles and said she slid on ice while on the way to purchase marijuana, according to police.
Saturday, Jan. 11
- 11:28 a.m. — Stretch a Dollar, 3006 Broadway, the store owner said someone broke the glass of the front door overnight and stole food, soda and games.
- 12:13 p.m. — 1300 block Industrial Ave., William Formosa, 24, same address, charged with domestic violence, but not arrested. Formosa’s girlfriend said he became angry and smashed items in their home including a hair treatment bottle that hit her in the face. She said Formosa then fled the home. Police said the home was in disarray.
- 4:45 p.m. —1700 block E. 34th St., Thomas Bennett, 41, same address, arrested and charged with domestic violence, endangering children and obstructing official business. Bennett’s girlfriend said he grabbed her by the hair, shook her and threatened her. Police said Bennett left his 3-year-old son in his home and ran from them when they tried to arrest him. They said Bennett was caught hiding in a field on East 36th Street.
- 8:25 p.m. — Raceway, 3040 Oberlin Ave., Thomas Archer, 54, 1500 block W. 21st St., Lorain, arrested and charged with disorderly conduct by intoxication and persistent disorderly conduct. Police said they were called to the store about a drunk and obnoxious man and that Archer cursed them and spat at them when confronted. They said Archer tried to kick through a police cruiser divider after being handcuffed.
- 9:38 p.m. — 3600 block Dallas Ave., Adam Ortiz, 19, Louisville, charged with domestic violence but not arrested. Ortiz’s girlfriend said they argued in her home and he grabbed her face and repeatedly scratched her. Police said Ortiz was not at the home when they arrived.
- 10:12 p.m. — East 25th Street and Elyria Avenue, Kenyatta Ephraim, 19, 1100 block W. 18th St., Lorain, arrested and charged with carrying a concealed weapon, improperly handling a firearm in a vehicle, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. Police said Ephraim was a passenger in a car stopped for a traffic violation near a high-crime area that police had been patrolling. They said Ephraim, who they said has a robbery conviction, admitted to possessing a .22-caliber semiautomatic pistol found under the seat where he was sitting, but does not have a concealed carry permit. A small amount of marijuana and a scale also were found in the car.
Sunday, Jan. 12
- 8:26 a.m. — 3900 block Reid Ave., police said two loose dogs that appeared dangerous kept a woman from getting from her home into her car. They said the dogs ran away before a deputy dog warden could be contacted.
- 12:27 p.m. — 4000 block Palm Ave., a resident said someone stole his Cleveland Browns banner hanging next to his front door. He said it was last seen about 8 p.m. Saturday.