Students were taken to nearby St. Peter’s Elementary School for about a half hour while the North Ridgeville Fire Department and Columbia Gas assessed the situation, according to Amy Rutledge, the district’s communications coordinator.
Columbia Gas found a small gas leak in the kitchen. Crews were able to isolate the problem, and they are currently working to repair the leak, Rutledge said.
Both Columbia Gas and the fire department gave the OK for students to return to the school. Rutledge said the leak should not affect student lunches.