12:56 p.m. Jan. 29 — 200 block East Bridge St., Michael Hall, 29, 200 block Harrison St., Elyria, charged with theft and cited for driving with a suspended license. Police said they found wiper fluid in the car Hall was driving that was stolen from the GetGo gas station at 209 East Bridge St.
Monday, Jan. 27
- 9:30 a.m. — 1100 block Park Ave., someone broke into a couple’s home and wrote “NSR” and a profanity on the wall but didn’t take anything from the house. Police said they don’t know what “NSR” means.
- 2:30 p.m. — 300 block Broad St., a woman was drunk and making a disturbance inside an apartment.
- 6:45 p.m. — 200 block Lake Ave., a woman said someone took her purse out of the car while it was parked on the street.
Wednesday, Jan. 29
- 7:31 p.m. — 100 block High St., a man who is fixing up an empty home where his deceased father lived said someone broke in and stole copper wiring. The man said he hadn’t been at the home since Dec. 1. Police said a basement window in the home was broken.
- 10:30 p.m. — 400 block Louisiana Ave., a woman said a person whose identity was erased from a police report pushed her and struck her in the head during an argument in their home over family money problems. The woman, who police said had bruises on her arm, said the person pushed her to the ground outside her home before leaving. The woman said she didn’t want to press charges.
Thursday, Jan. 30
- 12:30 a.m. — 100 block Dilworth St., a woman said she and her boyfriend argued and he pushed her and punched her in the head before leaving their home. Police said they didn’t see any injuries on the woman. They said she told them she would come to the Police Department to file a complaint but didn’t come.