7:29 p.m. Feb. 1— 1000 block Meister Road, Apples Grocery, Justy Ballard Jr., 31, 2000 block W. 24th St., was charged with theft and arrested for outstanding warrants. An off-duty Lorain police office working security at the grocery store witnessed Ballard via store cameras obtain a bag of lunch meat from the deli and as he walked through the store, he consumed the lunchmeat and discarded the empty bag in an aisle and then exited the store without paying for the $2.11 lunchmeat.
Friday, Jan. 31
- 10:47 p.m. — West 37th Street, Richard Waseleski, 23, 48000 block Russia Road, Amherst Township, was cited for open container prohibited after officers observed him throw an empty Corona beer box across the parking lot. Officers then approached the vehicle and saw an open and half-drank bottle of Corona in the cup holder. Waseleski admitted it was his and informed officers that “he thought it was legal to drink in a vehicle as long as he wasn’t driving.”
Saturday, Feb. 1
- 5:27 a.m. — West 28th Street, Marvin White, 59, 1000 block Leavitt Road, Lorain, charged with failure to control, OVI and OVI excess BAC after an officer observed him driving erratically and off the road, into a snow bank.
- 1:30 p.m. — 2000 block West 21st Street, a Lorain resident employed as a truck driver informed officers that while in Texas, he received notification of unauthorized charges on his bank account via his debit card in the amount of $433 from Family Dollar. He said he had not been in Lorain in several months. Officers spoke to the manager of the store and learned two people tried to make purchases but were denied.
- 2:11 p.m. — 500 block Broadway, criminal damaging, two tires were punctured on a vehicle.
- 3:14 p.m. — 1900 block East 30th Street, criminal damaging, a resident heard a loud noise in the middle of the night, coming from the vacant duplex next to him. The man didn’t notice anything unusual except the motion lights were activated by the garage. Upon further investigation, the man noticed the vacant side of the duplex had three small window panes broken, valued at $75.
Sunday, Feb. 2
- 1:05 a.m. — 2000 block E. 31st St., criminal damaging complaint after a man returned home to find glass on his couch and a tire iron on the living room floor.