11:30 a.m. May 8— 600 block Wayne St., a man said his right bicep was injured when he shattered the front passenger door of a car as it drove away. The man said the car was driven by a drug dealer who he doesn’t want in his neighborhood. Police told the man to call them if the man in the car returns and not take the law into his own hands.
Thursday, May 8
- 9:19 a.m. — 900 block Salem Ave., a resident said keys were stolen from her overhead garage overnight. The keys are to three other homes not marked by addresses, she said.
- 10:04 a.m. — 200 block Olive St., a man said he parked his pickup in the road about 10 p.m. Wednesday. About 9:30 a.m. Thursday, he found it had been burglarized. He said his wallet and $10 in change were stolen.
- 4:30 p.m. — Explosive Gaming, 356 Broad St., Daniel Hayslip, 34, 400 block W. Ninth St., Lorain, arrested and charged with receiving stolen property. The shop owners said Hayslip sold them trading cards stolen from the car of another customer, police said.
- 8:13 p.m. — 500 block Huron St., Jeremy Hyde, 30, 200 block Spruce St., Elyria, arrested and charged with obstructing official business. Police said they tried to arrest Hyde on a theft warrant and he ran from them. They said Hyde was found hiding in a basement at 230 Spruce St.
Friday, May 9
- 12:20 a.m. — 1900 block Fowl Road, two residents said they left their apartment at 7 p.m. Thursday and when they returned at midnight, they found that someone had thrown a piece of a concrete parking barrier through their window and burglarized the apartment. They said electronics, jewelry and several pairs of athletic shoes were stolen.