Firefighters rescued three animals from a North Ridgeville house fire on Tuesday evening.
A neighbor called 911 at about 8 p.m. to report seeing smoke coming from the second floor of a house at 35862 Laurel Court, according to the North Ridgeville Fire Department.
Crews arrived and found the fire confined a dresser, bedding, mattress and other content in an upstairs bedroom. The fire was extinguished after about 30 minutes, according to the Fire Department.
A family dog was found semi-conscious in the bedroom, and was rescued along with another dog and cat that were found on the first floor. The animals were given first aid, the Fire Department said.
The homeowner, Larry Coreno, was not home when the fire started, but arrived at the home as crews were battling the fire.
North Olmsted, Westlake, Avon and Olmsted Township fire departments provided mutual aid.
No one was injured in the fire.
The entire house sustained heavy smoke damage, and damage was estimated at $50,000.