CARLISLE TWP. — A fire that started at an auto wrecking shop Thursday engulfed five scrapped cars.
About 12:30 p.m., workers at Butternut Auto and Recycling, 40346 Buttnernut Ridge Road, were cutting pieces of scrap metal for salvage. A spark landed on a pile of scrapped cars, said a Carlisle Township Fire Department official.
When the workers went to lunch, the spark ignited and started a fire that traveled to other cars in the pile, engulfing five of the cars.
Carlisle Township firefighters had the fire under control in 15 minutes, the official said.