Thursday, July 17
- 3:20 p.m. — 1000 block Chestnut Commons, Wal-Mart, Nicholas Dial, 21, 4000 block Hollyview Drive, Vermilion, was arrested for theft after a loss-prevention officer observed him in the sporting goods section taking fishing items and concealing them in his pocket. Dial allegedly walked out of the store without paying. The officer followed Dial out of the store and located him at his car where he was getting a Wal-Mart bag and placing the items inside. Dial then walked back into the store and attempted to return the items at the customer service desk.
- 5:25 p.m. — 300 block Louisiana St., a 14-year-old boy was arrested for domestic violence. Earlier, he and his sister had gotten into an argument and it escalated. The boy was transported to the Lorain County Detention Home Center.
- 9:16 p.m. — 100 block Neufer Court, Tyler Canfield, 18, 40 block Chestnut St., charged with disorderly conduct persisting after he continued to return to his mother’s house where is not allowed.
Friday, July 18
- 12:07 a.m. — 300 block Bell Ave., a woman advised that her ex-boyfriend threatened to “shoot her in the head and blow her house up.” The woman told officers she has changed her phone number four times since she broke up with the man and he “keeps getting her phone number somehow.” She stated she plans to change her phone number again.
- 5:04 a.m. — 500 block S. Abbe Road, theft of $260 from a vehicle’s center console.