2:16 p.m. July 23 — 4000 block Meadow Lane, a man reported that when he arrived home he found his home in disarray and more than $10,270 worth of items were reported missing, including two televisions; a digital camera; cash; jewelry; two Grey safe boxes; and a Swiss-style knife. Neighbors witnessed the burglary but thought the homeowner gave permission to have the items removed since he often donates to charitable causes.
Wednesday, July 23
- 9:59 a.m. — 3000 block Estelle Ave., theft of copper plumbing valued at $2,500 from a home under construction.
- 6:26 p.m. — 4000 block Leavitt Road, Wal-Mart, Naja Logan, 25, 4000 block Shawnee Drive, Lorain, charged with theft after allegedly stealing $121 worth of items.
Thursday, July 24
- 2:48 p.m. — 3000 block Gary Ave., a man advised that his vehicle would not start. Upon further inspection, he noticed sugar was dumped in his gas tank and chocolate frosting was found in and around the tank as well.
- 3:39 p.m. — 3000 block Jaeger Road, Kohl’s, Chad Zocchi, 19, 300 block Washington Ave., charged with theft after allegedly stealing $180 worth of shoes from the store.
- 10:18 p.m. — 2000 block Marshall, assault, 10 to 13 middle-school-aged juveniles were throwing rocks and a 10-year-old girl was struck by a rock that went through a car’s driver’s side window, hitting her leg. Neither the mother nor daughter could provide an identity of the juveniles.
- 11:49 p.m. — 800 block Lexington Ave., Ramone Gilbert, 24, same address, charged with aggravated menacing and obstructing official businesses after he threatened to “kill” his neighbors and mother. His mother was in the residence with him trying to open the door to allow police inside, but Gilbert refused.