12:16 a.m. July 27 — Red Roof Inn, 621 Midway Blvd., a 14-year-old Wakeman girl arrested and charged with domestic violence. The stepmother and father of the girl said she assaulted them. Police said they witnessed the girl screaming and punching and kicking furniture in the room. They said the girl then threatened to kill her parents. Officers said the girl’s stepmother, who had swollen lips and redness on her face, said the girl punched her in the face when she was told to go to bed. The girl, who had bruises on her leg and thigh, said she got mad because her father beat her for no reason.
Thursday, July 24
- 7:12 a.m. — 700 block Kent Circle, criminal damage complaint, unknown person(s) unscrewed several security lights to the rear of her home and proceeded to throw her pool deck furniture into the pool along with what appeared to be motor oil and possibly lighter fluid. Officers also saw a cigarette butt floating in the pool. The homeowner advised officers that no one in her family smokes.
- 7:26 a.m. — 700 block Kent Circle, criminal damage complaint, rear attached patio door was open as well as the door to the shed. Upon checking the patio, it was observed that subjects had rummaged through a television stand that contained a radio and small flat-screen TV. The homeowner noticed lighter fluid was missing, that was then found next door. No items were taken from the shed.
- 7:34 a.m. — 700 block Kent Circle, attempted burglary during the middle of the night when an unknown person(s) tried to make entry through a rear screen door to an attached patio by cutting the screen.
- 8:05 p.m. — 100 block Floral Court, Paul Hallman, 44, same address, was charged with domestic violence after officers were dispatched in reference to a “son beating on his mother.”
- 11:39 p.m. — 500 block Griswold Road, Camelot Inn, a woman said she was “grabbed by the left arm and slapped across the left side of her head.” The woman stated the “blow was so powerful that she fell to the ground, striking her head on a wooden shelf.” Officers observed a cut on the woman’s left eye and slight red carpet burn marks to her left triceps.
Friday, July 25
- 12:34 a.m. — 1000 block Middle Ave., criminal damage, tire cut. The same man was also the victim of theft from an auto July 23.
Saturday, July 26
- 7:43 a.m. — 400 block Brittany Lane, a resident said someone opened his garage door and burglarized his car overnight, stealing his driver’s license and a credit card.
Sunday, July 27
- 4 a.m. — 200 block Blaine St., Jordan Alpater, 19, same address, arrested and charged with domestic violence. Alpater’s girlfriend said she woke up to him screaming at her in bed over text messages on her phone, then threw the phone at her, hitting her in the face. The woman, who police said had no visible marks on her face, said he then slapped her in the face and poured beer over her. Alpater denied hitting the woman.