Thursday, July 31
- 9 a.m. — 100 block Bohannon Court, a woman reported that someone broke into her home while she was out of town and stole birth certificates and Social Security cards, as well as two inactive Samsung Galaxy phones valued at $200.
- 3:35 p.m. — 100 block Tedman Court, Jerry Moore, 42, 500 block Wood St., and Mike Stone, 40, Cleveland, were charged with criminal trespass. Both subjects are on the criminal trespass list through Lorain Metro Housing Authority. They were both advised that they were not supposed to be in Wilkes Villa.
- 6:53 p.m. — 900 block Clark St., James Hyer, 42, same address, charged with domestic violence and felonious assault after a fight over dinner. His wife began preparing pork chops for dinner and he became upset because he didn’t want pork chops. Hyer ended up walking to Taco Bell. Upon return, the couple had a “minor” argument when he offered her a Mexican pizza and she became upset because she was making dinner. Hyer then allegedly pushed his wife into the bedroom and began choking her and throwing her on the bed. However, Hyer told officers that his wife was upset with him for going to get food and when he attempted to leave, “she grabbed him and restricted him from leaving the residence.”
- 7:11 p.m. — 100 block Timberlane, a 17-year-old boy was charged with domestic violence and transported to the Turning Point. His mother called police after he became disruptive by “yelling, swearing and throwing dry pasta noodles” around the kitchen.
- 7:31 p.m. — 10th Street, Mathew Muzika, 31, 900 block Middle Ave., charged with disorderly conduct-persisting, attempted assault on a police officer and resisting arrest after officers observed a group of males with their shirts off, sweating profusely. Officers learned that Muzika allegedly was assaulted by three black males. However, as officers tried to speak to him about the incident, Muzika began yelling and screaming profanities at the officers and at one point swung an arm toward an officer.
- 8:41 p.m. — 1000 block Middle Ave., rear window of Ford F-150 broken.
- 9:48 p.m. — 1000 block Chestnut Commons, Wal-Mart, the loss-prevention officer advised that two Hispanic males had been under surveillance in the store and attempted to conceal a Roku 2 box and two Otterbox phone covers for a total value of $119.90. When the officer attempted to confront the subjects, a third man told the other two men to run. All the subjects fled, dropped the items and ran to a blue Chevrolet.