6:20 p.m. Aug. 23 — Wasabi Steakhouse, 3598 Midway Mall, Paul Buell, 26, 100 block Homer St., Elyria, cited for theft. Police said Buell told them he refused to pay a $90 restaurant bill because he didn’t like the hibachi grill being cleaned before he and his wife and two children had finished eating. Buell admitted the family had eaten some of the food and had drinks before leaving.
Friday, Aug. 22
- 7:45 p.m. — 700 block Broad St., Thomas Sheldon, 48, same address, arrested on an outstanding warrant and charged with aggravated menacing. Police said two men told them Sheldon got drunk and threatened to kill the two men while brandishing a knife.
Saturday, Aug. 23
- 3:10 a.m. — University Hospitals Elyria Medical Center, 630 East River St., Marika Serhane, 35, 500 block High St., arrested and charged with possession of heroin, possession of drug paraphernalia and possessing drug abuse instruments. Police said they responded to Serhane’s home about 11:30 p.m. Friday on the report of a heroin overdose and found her in the bathroom with syringes and small amounts of heroin. Serhane was treated for an overdose before being arrested.
- 6:22 a.m. — Elyria Police Department, 18 West Ave., a man said his bicycle was stolen from outside the Dairy Mart, 128 Lake Ave., while he was inside the store.
- 10 a.m. — 300 block High St., a resident said his two unlocked vehicles parked outside of his house were burglarized overnight and his wallet containing his driver’s license and credit cards was stolen along with a box of cigars.
- 9:30 p.m. — 800 block Livermore Lane, a resident said someone shattered a front porch window. Police said a neighbor told them she heard glass break and then saw several women running from the area.