4:04 p.m. Aug. 30 — West Water Fish, 5350 Baumhart Road, Adam Boyette, 29, 1200 block Shaffer Drive, Lorain, arrested and charged with domestic violence. Boyette’s girlfriend said they are both heroin addicts. She said he stopped her from telling his boss he is an addict by trying to drag her into a car when she tried to walk into his job. Boyette said his girlfriend hit him first.
Thursday, Aug. 28
- 9:38 p.m. — 1100 block Tower Blvd., a woman said she recently broke up with her ex-boyfriend and Thursday, saw him pour motor oil on her car and kick it before leaving.
Friday, Aug. 29
- 2:50 a.m. — 1100 block W. 12th St., a man said he was visiting his friend and his prescription medication Xanax went missing.
Saturday, Aug. 30
- 1:18 p.m. — 1700 block Broadway, a resident said her car parked outside her apartment had all four hubcaps stolen and nine of the car’s lug nuts.
- 3:05 p.m. — 4700 block Chelsea Drive, a resident said two homes were broken into and copper piping stolen.
- 3:53 p.m. — 600 block E. 32nd St., a resident said her grandmother’s car, parked in her friend’s driveway overnight, had the rear left window shattered, but nothing was stolen.
- 5:10 p.m. — 1500 block E. 31st. St., a resident said someone shattered the rear window of her boyfriend’s car parked in front of their home. The resident said nothing was stolen, and her boyfriend’s sister and her boyfriend may be responsible.
- 6:30 p.m. — 2200 block Jefferson Blvd., a resident said he was mowing his lawn and his lawn mower was stolen from outside his home after he stopped to take a break.
- 7:19 p.m. — Jackalope’s Lakeside Restaurant, 301 Lakeside Ave., Deborah Post, 64, 300 block W. Seventh St., Lorain, arrested and charged with drunken driving, driving on a sidewalk and improper backing. Police said they saw Post driving on the sidewalk and striking a fence east of the walkway of the Mile Long Pier. They said Post tried to conceal a case of beer in the car she was driving, failed a field sobriety test and registered 0.12 blood-alcohol content in a Breathalyzer test. The legal limit is 0.08.
- 8:59 p.m. — 4200 block Pearl Ave., Cristian Vasquez, 29, 2600 block Reeves Ave., Lorain, arrested and charged with domestic violence. Vasquez’s wife, from whom he is separated, said he came to her house drunk. The wife, who police said had scratches on the right side of her face and neck, said he choked her, grabbed her by her hair and threw her to the ground and then struck her in the face.
- 9:37 p.m. — Oberlin Avenue and Parkway Drive, Jennifer Grooms, 38, 1700 block Nantucket Drive, Lorain, arrested and charged with drunken driving and failure to maintain an assured clear distance. Police said Grooms rear-ended a sport utility vehicle with the car she was driving, injuring four people in the vehicle. Police said Grooms was drunk and had to be caught by an officer when she nearly fell getting out of the car. They said Grooms, who refused to take a Breathalyzer test, admitted to drinking five vodka drinks in Elyria before driving to Lorain.
- 10:53 p.m. — Streator Park, 329 W. 10th St., a 25-year-old man said he was sitting at a park picnic table when three or four men who he said he couldn’t describe attacked him. The man, who police said was bleeding from the nose and mouth, was hospitalized at Mercy Regional Medical Center.
Sunday, Aug. 31
- 12:18 a.m. — 1900 block Reeves Ave., James Sims Sr., 33, same address, arrested and charged with criminal trespass. A woman, who has a young son with Sims, said Sims came to her home belligerent and drunk and refused to leave and acted as if he was going to throw a brick through her car window. Police said Sims denied the accusations.