Sunday, Aug. 31
- 9:22 p.m. — 2100 block W. 23rd St., a juvenile girl, who police said had a bruised left eye, said she was walking down the street and confronted by a group of juvenile girls, one of whom accused the girl of assaulting her cousin. The girl said her accuser punched her in the face.
- 9:36 p.m. — 1200 block W. 21st St., a resident said she heard the door knob of her locked front door turning and then saw a man trying to open the doors of the car in her driveway. She said the man ran south before police arrived.
- 10:03 p.m. – St. Joseph’s Overnight Emergency Shelter, 317 W. 15th St., a woman walking past the shelter said a man who assaulted her son a few months ago threatened to kill her.
Monday, Sept. 1
- 1:56 a.m. — 1400 block Herbert Drive, Jaslin Montanez, 25, same address, arrested and charged with domestic violence. Montanez’s husband said he caught her texting another man on her phone and they argued with the husband, smashing the phone. The husband, who police said had a large welt on his back, said Montanez then hit him on the back with a broom, causing it to break, and sliced up his clothing with scissors. Montanez admitted to cutting her hand while cutting her husband’s clothes, police said.
- 4:46 a.m. — 3000 block Colorado Ave., Joseph Rojas, 31, same address, arrested and charged with domestic violence. Rojas’s girlfriend, who police said had a bruise on her right arm, said he grabbed her to prevent her from leaving their home after he accused her of infidelity.