If you're pregnant or a new mom, we know you want the best possible start for your baby.
Text4Baby can guide you from pregnancy through your baby's first birthday with weekly text message tips- straight to your cell phone. Text4Baby messages are free, and it's simple to sign up. Topics include tips on prenatal care, labor signs and symptoms, nutrition, breastfeeding, safety, baby's development, and more.
Get Started for the Health of Your Baby
- Sign up at www.text4baby.org or from your cell phone when you text the word BABY (or BEBE for Spanish) to the number 511411.
- Enter your baby’s due date or your baby’s birthday and your zip code.
- Once registered, you will start receiving free messages with tips for your pregnancy or caring for your baby.
- Messages are timed to your due date or your baby’s birth date. If you are pregnant and your due date changes, text UPDATE to 511411 to enter your new due date. Once you have your baby, be sure to text in UPDATE with your baby’s birthday so you keep getting messages through baby’s first year.
- If you want to stop receiving messages from text4baby, text STOP to 511411. To start receiving the messages again, you will have to enroll again by sending BABY to 511411 (BEBE to 511411 for Spanish messages).
Encouraging families to make healthy choices for a lifetime is important to Lorain County General Health District. For more information about Text4Baby, visit www.text4baby.org.
Text4Baby should not be used in place of regular care by your family doctor.