- 6:09 p.m. — West Sixth Street and Reid Avenue, a man, whom police said had a swollen nose and blood on his lip, said a man walked up to him and asked him about a man named Jeremy. When the victim said he didn’t know Jeremy, the victim said the man walked away and then returned and punched him in the nose. The two struggled, and the victim said the man ran northwest through yards toward Washington Avenue.
Saturday, Oct. 19
- 1:24 a.m. — Barcode, 2156 E. 28th St., a 36-year-old man was found at the bar bleeding and slumped over a chair, police said. The man, whom police said suffered a broken orbital bone his eye and a fractured nose, appeared to be an assault victim. However, police said the man denied being assaulted and no one at the bar said they knew what happened to the man.
- 1:57 a.m. — 7000 block N. Oak Tree Drive, a resident said someone struck his car, which was parked in his front yard. A neighbor said a man he let drive his car because the neighbor was too drunk to drive, hit the car and then left the scene. Police said there didn’t appear to be room in the neighbor’s car’s passenger seat for someone to sit, and the neighbor didn’t have a last name for the man he said drove him home.
- 4:30 p.m. — 200 block W. 13th St., a homeless man who police said appeared mentally ill was dumping garbage bags full of his clothes at a vacant property, according to police. The man was told to take the clothes away, and he complied.
- 4:56 p.m. - Lorain Police Department, 100 W. Erie Ave., a woman said someone broke into her van parked in her driveway in the 1000 block of Oberlin Ave., overnight and stole three bowling balls.
- 11:30 p.m. — 2300 block Oberlin Ave., a man said he was riding his bicycle south on Oberlin Avenue between West 20th and 21st streets when three men jumped out from between houses, forcing him to stop. He said one of the men pulled out a knife, pointed it toward him and stole his bicycle. The men fled east on West 21st, the man said.
Sunday, Oct. 20
- 5:55 a.m. — 800 block Broad St., Cheri Martin, 22, same address, arrested and charged with domestic violence. Martin’s sister, whom police said needed staples in her scalp for a head wound, said Martin repeatedly struck the sister’s head against a door jamb after the sister refused to let Martin borrow a cell phone charger.
- 10:11 a.m. — 100 block Burns Road, a man said a chainsaw he just bought for $258 was stolen from the bed of his pickup that was parked in his driveway.
- 6:27 p.m. — Cascade Park, 120 Floradale Court, a couple who said they were having wedding photos taken in the park said the bride’s purse, containing $70 and debit cards, was stolen from their car. A witness said he saw a man take something out of the car and walk away. The witness described the man as white, 25 to 30 years old, with a medium-length brown beard wearing a flat-billed hat and a white sweatshirt.